Monday, November 14, 2011

Panic Attacked and Became Chocolate Cake!




What a day and what a panic invention that I have made last weekend...Actually according to plan, I really wanted to bake a nice and silky Tiramisu...but then again it was a disastrous plan that maybe will I "NEVER" baked again for the next 2 months...hihihi 

         So, the story begins with, I already succeed baking my chocolate sponge cake and it was marvelous. The next step is to make the cheese topping...So, I mixed the cream cheese, whip cream and sugar together using the electric mixer...then after a while...Tada~ 

          The cream was not as I expected...not even fluffy and it was sluggish...It look horrible and yuks! This when the panic strikes. I'm thinking that I don't want to waste the creams so I decided to make chocolate ganache just to garnish my chocolate sponge cake...and finally it became OMG! Superb...but honestly i need to practice more to make the chocolate ganache to get the right consistency.

Looks so tempting~
          Down there you can see how I did it...It was a s simple as ABC actually...but I don't know why I still cannot make a good one...Well, practice makes perfect. Enjoy cooking then people

CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE

Ingredients
5 Eggs
170g Castor sugar
1tsp Ovalette
100g All Propose Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
40g Cocoa Powder
70g Canola Oil
Methods
  1. Preheat oven at 150C
  2. Shift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together
  3. Beat together eggs, ovalette, canola oil and sugar until the mixture really fluffy
  4. Add in the flour mixture and mix together.
  5. Put in the cake batter in baking tin line with butter.
  6. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE  
(not so perfect recipe)

Ingredients
400ml Whipping Cream
300g Beryl's Dark Chocolate
200g Cream Cheese
1tbs Butter
100g Castor Sugar

Method
  1. Using double boil technique, melt in the chocolate and butter together.
  2. In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, whip cream and sugar until fluff and add to the chocolate mixture.
  3. Mix until the chocolate corporates with the cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts Here