Friday, March 2, 2012

Recipe: Turkish Delight




I have been craving for the Turkish Delight like forever. While walking throughout KLCC with my cousin and suddenly I found one at Marks and Spencer! I am so happy and cannot wait to taste it. Ouuuh, it was so sweet, coated with chocolate and with the rose flavoring, I feel like in heaven already! Suddenly after eating the whole packet of Chocolate Turkish Delight, it occurs me whether the gelatine used for making the candy was HALAL or not! Erk, now I'm worried.


 I decided to find the recipe and make it myself. guess what, the ingredient are super easy and it was so easy to make..Wohhoo! This can be considered as lucky!
I made this!!
 Home Made Candy Recipe - Turkish Delight
Ingredients
                   Sunflower oil, or other similar natural oil, for greasing
                   30 g powdered gelatine
                   200 ml water
                   3 tsp rose water 
                   400 g caster sugar
                   3-4 drops red food coloring
                   1 tsp cornflour
Equipments
20 x 25 cm baking tin
Large heavy based saucepan
Bowl
Instructions
  1. Lightly oil the baking tin.
  2. Mix the rose water, water sugar and gelatin in a large heavy-based pan.
  3. Heat gently until the sugar and gelatin have dissolved, stirring all the time.
  4. Bring to the boil without stirring.
  5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
  6. Remove from the heat, mix in the food coloring and leave the mix to cool for a couple of minutes.
  7. Pour the mix into the oiled tin and leave to set for about 24 hours.
  8. Mix the cornflour and confectioners' sugar in a bowl.
  9. Cut the Turkish Delight into cubes and toss in the bowl containing the cornflour and confectioners' sugar

ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING PEOPLE!

3 comments:

Share Your Thoughts Here